Clutter Free Holidays
Do you dread the holidays? I’ve heard many people over the years, tell me about their not-so-jolly holiday problems. For some, it’s disliking being alone, and for others it’s dreading being with family. Some hate all the hustle and bustle of the season and others get overwhelmed by all the ‘thoughtful’ gifts that need to be bought for loved ones. Unfortunately I can’t help with that lonely holiday feeling or even with the family-overload problem, but I can help with the running around and the gift-giving issues! Coming from a small family, I didn’t have many shopping dilemmas, but I know this is a big problem for those with large families (and extended families). Having to buy gifts year after year for the same people can make you run out of gift ideas and make your loved ones run out of storage for received gifts. So, here are a few ideas that don’t take up any space, and may even help free some up!
• Online vouchers for activities: Groupon, Get My Perks, (and many others)
• Travel: Groupon Getaways, Travelocity (to name just a few)
• Fitness memberships: Yoga, Crossfit, Gym membership (the possibilities are endless)
• Classes: Cooking Classes, Craft Classes, Any other classes you can imagine
• Donations in someone’s name: Red Cross, Humane Society, American Cancer Society (There’s a charity for almost any cause you can think of)
• Junk Removal: Clutter Trucker (They do a great job)
• Cleaning Services: Find the service that fits your needs
• Organizing: Simplify Me, LLC (Shameless plug…but I really can help)
Experiences and services make much fonder memories than ‘things’, they’re great for the person that already has everything and they don’t take up any space in someone’s home! Face it…does your dad really need another ugly tie, or would he rather have an Exotic Car Driving Adventure?? Could your aunt use a little help tidying up or decluttering her home, or are you getting her another potholder?